Monday, February 02, 2009

19 arb things you might not know about me...

1. I've never broken a bone - had to get stitches once in my left leg after a shaving accident.

2. I have always been a sucker for stray dogs! I can't just ride past a stray dog without feeling sorry for them. Since we got our Tigger, I can only imagine if he were alone on the street how it would be ... we did rescue him from the streets and now I believe he thinks he is in living doggy heaven with us :-)

3. With all the snow in the UK at the moment, I'd swop places with anyone in a heartbeat to be in Scotland right now! Anyone ... ?

4. The last holiday I had was in 2006 when I went to Scotland/London during March. I spent my birthday with my lovely family in Edinburgh. I vowed never to go on holiday again without Keith. I missed him too much ♥

5. I listen to a variety of music my favourite at the moment is Watershed (SA local band). Missed an opportunity to see Parletones this weekend, ah well next time.

6. I got chicken pox as I was doing my last final exam in Matric, I remember writing it alone in an office - just got one scar to prove it (Oh and a Matric certificate).

7. I ♥ taking photo's on my Nikon camera, new found hobby and I'm still learning, but I ♥ it! I keep my photos backed up in 2 different places in case I loose my photo's - You could probably say I'm a little paranoid.

8. I miss my Mom so much. She passed away on 02 Aug 1998 - I will never get over it, I just learn to live with it each day. She was an amazing lady. Jean-the-Queen!

9. One of my biggest pet peeves are when parents don't buckle their little kids in the car! Don't they even care?

10. Totally into White Chocolate Oreos & a glass of cold milk .... I ♥ it! Mmm.

11. I ♥ going to Blouberg Beach, walking in the sand, sitting on the rocks, just being in the moment. I have loved it since my Mom used to take us there as children ... and going back there is always as great as I remember it being back then with her.

12. I had my ears pierced when I was 9. I had l-o-n-g hair at the time and I remember my mom telling me that I could only have my ears pierced if I cut my hair .... she also taught me the art of bargaining!

13. Despite what everyone may think - especially those that know me well - I am really shy about meeting new people - I get nervous! My Myers Brigg profile confirms I am IFSP

14. But you won't believe I am nervous and when I tell people that I am actually shy, they find it hard to believe, so I'm an introvert by nature but forced to be extrovert at times. Not by preference. I have "met" some fab-u-lous people in the computer and ♥ to read their blogs (you know who you are)

15. I ♥ shoes - but would prefer to be barefoot. I also love having pedicures.

16. I ♥ shopping too! Lately been shopping for household items, waiting for the winter season to update the wardrobe.

17. I can be extremely random at times ... you can tell by reading this.

18. I have a younger brother, Michael, who is married to Sharon. They have just moved out of a flat into a house with a swimming pool and garden, they are happy. I ♥ them! I also have 2 other SiL's, Charnel & Tania, both amazing girls. I am blessed.

19. My dear aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer in August 2008, she has had her 6 sessions of chemotherapy, last one in Jan 09 and needs to go back in March for an assessment. Her courage and strength during this time has made me ♥ her even more than I already did. Through her struggle it has made us as a family remember that we are all in this together, we need to support each other - and sometimes just be there for each other and let each of us know that we are loved and we mean the world to each other. Thank you Mother T you've taught me a lesson (or two ...)

That's it for tonight got to get Keith a Nurofen he is suffering with a terrible headache, he get's cluster headaches and I wish there was something more I could do for him. It's terrible, go take a peep here to read just how hectic these headaches are.

Mwah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love reading these things, nice way to get to know someone. Thanks for sharing :)

Wenchy said...

I have never broken a bone either.