Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's the weekend baby

It's the weekend and what does that mean in Cape Town ... Rain!

I don't mind I love the rain but enough is enough, bring on Spring?

Plans for the weekend, feel like going to a movie tonight and having popcorn and coke light! Any recommendations on what to see? Wouldn't mind seeing Hansie movie or what about Mamma Mia?

Tomorrow morning is the usual pamper Saturday, starting off with me arbing around Canal Walk, can't wait to see what's new in Ginger Mary, need and outfit for Saturday night, going to my bosses engagement party! Then off to Valetta for my usual blow dry and pedicure/manicure.

Sunday with a little bit of luck, the weather will be fine and I can go out and use my new toy, Nikon D40 with signma lens and capture some moments in history. I'm inspired by many of my friends in the computer as they take amazing pic's and I too want to learn this new skill. I'm very new at this and was wondering is there anyone out there that can offer some free tips for me? Please.

  • Keith has been working v.v. hard - reckons he needs this weekend to catch up and relax.
  • My aunt that had the masectomy is recovering, she is so loved and with prayers she is well on the road to recovery, her cancer has brought us all closer together. I love my Mother T.
  • President Mothlanthe is sworn in as South Africa's new head of state.
  • It's Friday, I'm felling happy! And also the fact that Maggie is at my house, cleaning and making it all pretty for me for the weekend, I heart Maggie!
  • Thinking of my Dad today, going to give him a call later just to say hello and let him know I was thinking of him.
  • I have the most handsome kind precious brother in the whole wide world and he is married to the most amazing funny kind lady, what more could a sister want.
  • Keith is also blessed with 3 brothers, 2 of them also have amazing wives, my one SiL was also my best friend in high school, she introduced Keith and I (thanks Charnel!)
  • I live in Cape Town, nothing better in the world, but would give up cappcucino's if I could be in Scotland again. Did I mention that Keith and I got engaged in a castle in Scotland - St Margaret's Chapel on Edinburgh Castle. I also have the most amazing family living in Edinburgh and I would love to have a cup of tea and a hot buttie with A.Linda and catch up. Miss you guys lots.
  • Within my sensitivity lies my stregth.
  • Bye for now have a safe weekend you all.

3 comments:

Wenchy said...

In sensitivity lies great amount of strength but also the vulnerability to be hurt. It makes us real I think. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey K, I loved this post... oh and on Friday night I went to see Mama Mia and had popcorn and coke light... LOVED it. LOTS.

Your engagement story sounds magic. I would dearly love to go back to Scotland too... I miss that side of me (My maiden name was Fraser)

Keep well.

Anonymous said...

Getting engaged in a Caste in Scotland. Sounds so romantic.
I hope you enjoyed your weekend