Saturday, July 05, 2008

It's your life


To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. William Henry Channing

It's freezing in Cape Town today, real winters day, I'm not complaining this is my favourite time of the year. I love the rain, I love the coldness, I love that I don't need to make an excuse to just want to be at home. I love my home, Keith made a fire this afternoon, I lay on the couch reading my new Marian Keyes book, had a cup of tea - was great. Brought me to the reality that all I want is right here, right now. I'm blessed.

Going to snuggle up now and watch a dvd, Keith is going to make rump steak with potato wedges (Oh yes ... another good reason why I *heart* Winter, comfort food ...) speaking of comfort food which translates to weight-gain, I have been to the gym 3 times this week & signing up again with Nelius for another month, boy did he make us build up a sweat on Wednesday, was stiff for 2 days after that. Looking forward to the challenge and my goal of feeling fab & healthy. Wish me luck and leave me a motivational comment, got loads of kg's to loose.

Enjoy your evening all.


1 comment:

Wenchy said...

Okay, who is Keith?